Mode of Admission
Admission To The U.G. Programme
- The merit list-cum-preference will be the basic principle of admission for CLAT-2014 and the allotment of candidates to various NLUs will be based on the same. Hence, an online counselling would take place after the announcement of the CLAT-2014 results from 1st June 2014 to 9th June 2014, wherein the candidates will be able to mark the preferences of the NLUs for admission within the stipulated period mentioned in the schedule.
- The first 2500 candidates (comprising 40% extra candidates proportionately from various categories such as General/SC/ST/OBC/PWD etc.) in the merit list will be allowed to participate in the online counselling against the actual seats available with the participating NLUs, by logging in to the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT created by them at the time of registration and depositing the adjustable fees of INR 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only) either online/offline through the website.
- The candidates seriously interested in taking admission must deposit the required fees so as to be considered against the seats available with a NLU. The candidates failing to deposit the required fees through the website with the CLAT Office by the specified date will forfeit their right to be considered for admission in future and their names will be dropped from the CLAT Merit List.
- The university-wise first provisional allotment list based on merit-cum-preference will be published on the CLAT Website for the exact number of seats available with a NLU taking into consideration the university-wise preferences obtained from the candidates during the counselling session, their CLAT score and Rank. The list will also be made available to the respective participating Universities.
- The provisionally selected candidates allotted to various NLUs will have to reserve their seats within a stipulated period at this stage by logging in to the personal LOGIN ACCOUNT. The candidates will be provided with three options viz.,
(a) I hereby take admission with the allotted university and do not want my candidature to be considered for the next higher preference (This option can be availed only once), or
(b) I hereby take admission with the allotted university and also want my candidature to be considered for the next higher preference, or
(c) I hereby do not want to take part in the admission process.
Any of the above options exercised by the candidate will be treated as final and irrevocable. The candidates failing to reserve their seat through the website with the CLAT Office by the specified date will forfeit their right to be considered for admission in future and their names will be dropped from the CLAT Merit List.
- A list of waitlisted candidates will also be issued along with the Provisional Allotment List, from the first 2500 candidates who had undertaken the counselling after remitting the fees. The comprehensive list will be prepared by picking up candidates proportionately from various categories such as General/SC/ST/OBC/PWD/DFF/NRI etc. both from the All India and State (Domicile) category of candidates.
- If required, the CLAT Office will publish three more times the Subsidiary List of candidates allotted to various Universities against the actual left out seats.
- After depositing the required amount of fees and taking part in the counselling session with the CLAT office by the stipulated date, if the waitlisted candidates fail to get a seat in any of the Universities due to non-availability of vacancy, the entire amount of INR 1,00,000/- deposited by such candidates will be refunded to them without any deduction.
- If the candidates in the merit of first 2500, do not deposit the required amount of fees (i.e. INR 1,00,000/-) in adequate number for being considered against probable vacancies, if any, in future, and if the list of such candidates gets exhausted and some vacancies still remain thereafter, then a fresh counselling session will be undertaken by the CLAT Office.
- After the candidates are finally allotted to various Universities, the candidates will be required to approach the allotted Universities with the balance amount towards the admission fees and the relevant certificates/documents in original issued by the competent authority in support of the various claims made by the candidates, during the scheduled period (24th - 27th June, 2014) and complete the admission formalities. The certificates in original will be checked by the respective universities at the time of their admission.
- The candidate not having the required certificates/documents in original and failing to satisfy the eligibility requirements will not be allowed to take admission by the concerned Universities. Hence, the candidates seeking admission under various categories - especially those belonging to the reserved categories such as SC/ST/OBC/PWD/DFF/NRI and the General category candidates seeking admission under State Domicile category - will be required to obtain in advance the relevant and authentic certificates/documents from the competent authorities and produce the same at the time of admission.
- Those candidates who fail to report to the Universities and complete the admission formalities by 27th June 2014 will forfeit their claim for admission and their seats will be filled-up by the University by following its own procedure and not by the CLAT Office. The respective Universities will be reporting the details of admission to the CLAT Office by 28th June 2014 including the number of vacancies that might remain due to non-reporting of the candidates allotted under the lst, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Actual Allotment List. This would help the CLAT Office make the declaration of the final allotment on 30th June 2014 and complete the admission process on the same day.
- While the candidates will be required to pay the balance amount of fees to the allotted Universities at the time of completing the admission formalities, the adjustable amount of INR 1,00,000/- deposited with the CLAT Office will be transferred to the respective Universities after the completion of the admission process.
- The candidates withdrawing from the admission process before 24th June, 2014 will be refunded the amount by the CLAT Office after deducting the administrative charges of INR 10,000/-.